Formatting magazine posts and blog pages pt II

Hi there, I’m repasting my forum question below because I didn’t have a chance to reply to your recommendations and have a remaining question.

I’ve been trying to set up a unique “blog” experience for a specific audience on our page: Pacify.com/library, and am having some trouble finessing the format. Please see a few questions below:

-Is there a way to change the vertical height of the Magazine Post containers? I’ve created multiple sections that populate with specific categories/tags - they look good when there are a lot of posts in that category, but awkward when there are only 2-3, spreading posts vertically with lots of white space (image below). I’ve tried changing the Max Height of the Main post/figure/featured image, but the container doesn’t change so the articles on the right stay spread out. I’d like them to simply stack and the image/main post to shrink.

In your response, you asked what I meant by vertical height. I mean the height of the featured article box in the screenshot included. As I mentioned, there is a lot of white space between the “more posts” to the right of the featured post. I would like to either remove that white space so the titles stack more closely and any white space is left below the articles, or reduce the height of the featured posts so the “more posts” aren’t so spread out creating the white space. Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you for your other responses to my questions, sounds like my only option for the customization I’m seeking is to upgrade to Pro. I understand when I upgrade I will lose Cornerstone - will I still be able to edit the pages I’ve previously built on Cornerstone in the same way (I’ve built the whole site using Cornerstone).

Thanks!

Hello Courtney,

Do you mean like this?

Please edit the page and then change the Flexbox setting in your Column element.

If this does not help, please provide us access to your site so we can check your page. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

That worked, thank you! One more question please:
Is there a way to change the max height of the main post / featured article, so that there’s less white space below “more posts”? Please see screenshot below:

I’ve tried setting all max heights to 300px, but it still leaves a giant white space in the container. Please see screenshot below:

Thank you!

Hello Courtney,

In your Main Post Column element, just set the minimum height to 0.

If this does not work, please provide us access to your site so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

That worked, thank you so much for your help!
Just following up on my last question - it sounds like my only option for the other customizations I’m seeking is to upgrade to Pro. I understand when I upgrade I will lose Cornerstone - will I still be able to edit the pages I’ve previously built on Cornerstone in the same way (I’ve built the whole site using Cornerstone)?

Thanks!

Hello Courtney,

Yes, you will be able to edit the page with Cornerstone page builder since X and Pro both use the Cornerstone page builder, and also Pro theme comes with an inbuilt Cornerstone page builder where you don’t need to install the separate Cornerstone page builder plugin with Pro theme.

Please have a look at this doc to learn more about how to upgrade from X to Pro

Thanks

Thanks so much for your reply, I’ll look into upgrading to Pro.

Apologies but I have one more question in regards to my other post. I asked about adding a sidebar nav menu, to which you replied:

1. You are using the Page Template which doe not have the Sidebar in it, I would suggest you use any of the Page Template which has a sidebar in it, to show the sidebar on the page.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 171333

However, when I tried that I received the message that my stack (icon) didn’t support that template and I should change stacks. Can you please offer any guidance on next steps outside of changing my stack? I don’t want to affect the design of the rest of the side just to add a sidebar to one page.

Thank you!

Hi Courtney,

I have checked your website and found that you are using the Icon stack which does not support the Sidebar Page Templates. I would suggest you use any other stack or you can create a separate section with the widget, which will look like the sidebar,

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you. My question was, if I change the stack, won’t it change the formatting across the rest of the site? If so, can you please provide a bit more instruction on the widget option?

Hey Courtney,

If you change the stack, it will change the layout across your website because each stack has different layout styling. My colleagues suggested creating a section with 2 columns. The first column is where your content and the second column is your sidebar area.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.