Footer Sticky menu

Saw somewhere that the pro header and footer builders are exactly the same, but I just cant find how to make a sticky footer menu … I even saw an example on a video somewhere, but cant find where you would configure such a footer.

Help please :slight_smile:

Hi @chiletrike,

Thanks for writing in.

The setup controls all relate directly to positioning and backgrounds. On some controls like Background you’ll see an Advanced checkbox.

When you set varying controls as you want, you may notice additional controls show up. For example just like the advanced option. If you set Sticky Bar to On you’ll get an additional set of controls just for the Sticky Bar called Sticky Setup. Allowing you to set various options.

The Footer Builder works in the exact same way as the Header Builder including assigning and un-assigning, bars, containers and all elements. Think of the footer builder as the header builder flipped. Everything works the same, it’s just displaying at the bottom of your website rather than the top.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Hi @nico, yes, thats exactly what I read. but I dont have the same options on both. Could you tell me where the sticky bar option is on the Footer builder please? I only See this option on the Header Builder.

These are my Header Builder Options on a Default Bar

These are my Footer Builder Options on a Default Bar

These are my Footer Builder Options on a Default Bar after clicking on Advanced

Hi there,

The sticky footer is what which you will find it a little bit tricky. Actually, as the website is top to bottom the sticky footer functionality is not available, instead you can do a little bit of trick here.

You can add a header in header builder but set the positioning of it to bottom:

By this, you will have the sticky effect of the header but showing at the bottom of the page which will be like the sticky footer.

The header and footer builders are similar in many cases but there are some subtle differences here and there such as the sticky functionality. So the layout and stuff are exactly the same.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Bulicka,

Please give us more details of the issue so that we could check it.

Cheers!

Sorry, my fault I was looking for the fields and did not realize the bottom setting does it by default without need for sticky kind of field. So the above description how to make sticky footer works well. PB

That is correct. Glad you’ve sorted it out.

The question remains, how do you have at the same time both a global top header and a “bottom” header which is actually a footer on the same page? I’m using the latest version of Pro and have a normal top header applied globally and then created a “sticky” bottom header for a footer and applied it to my home page only and only the bottom header shows.

Hi @Tech4Eleven,

Thank you for writing in, please watch the following video tutorial on how to create Sticky Footer Menus.

Better Headers: How to Create Sticky Footer Menus

If you have a follow-up question, we kindly ask to write it on a new thread as this one is outdated and harder to follow.

Cheers!