Footer moved from the bottom to the right side on all archive pages since update

Hello, I just upgraded to X Theme 5.1.0, and as the title says, the footer is now displaying on the right side of the screen on my archive pages. See here:

https://integrallife.com/category/topics/art-creativity/

Edit: I’ve disabled my custom index page on the live site until I get this fixed, in the meantime you can see the problem on my staging site here:

http://integrallife.staging.wpengine.com/category/topics/art-creativity/

I also had the problem with all the pages scrolling to the right in Safari, which apparently was an X Pro issue, but happened to me as well. I used the solution in this thread, and it seemed to work:

Not sure if that’s relevant, but thought I would mention it in case it was.

Happy to provide my login details, will follow up with that.

Maybe I am having an issue with my custom _index.php page in x-child/framework/views/global – when I remove that file from my child theme, the footer returns to the bottom of the page.

Here is the code I am using, which came from a previous support thread, and allows me to use Essential Grid on my index pages:

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/GLOBAL/_INDEX.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Includes the index output. // ============================================================================= ?>
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
  <?php 

    $my_post_array = array(); 

    while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
    
    $my_post_array[] = get_the_ID();
    
    endwhile; 
    
    echo do_shortcode( '[ess_grid alias="grid-10" posts='.implode(',', $my_post_array).']' ); ?>

<?php else : ?>
  <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content-none' ); ?>
<?php endif; ?>

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the page and it seems that this issue occurred because of an excess closing div tag. Would you mind providing us the url of your ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look at your template customizations?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Sure thing, thank you for your help.

Hi,

To fix it, you can add this in X > Launch > Options > CSS

.x-root {
    display: -webkit-flex; /* Safari */
    -webkit-flex-wrap: wrap; /* Safari 6.1+ */
    display: flex;   
    flex-wrap: wrap;
}
.x-colophon.top,
.x-colophon.bottom {
    width: 100%;
}

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.