Footer: Hide element on Blog Page

On the website in question I display e.G. sponsor logso for the post or Page based on post a taxonomy (Using ACF Pro, let’s call it sponsor). This is usually working fine, however I noticed that these logos are also displayed not only on pages or posts, but also on the front page or the posts page.

The row in question has the Condition "Post (has taxonomy)" has "Sponsor". I was able to hide the logos on the Front page by introducing a "Front Page" "is not being viewed" and concatenate that with AND to the previously mentioned condition. However this does not work for the Blog page. It seems as if the taxonomies for the latest looper element will be used in the foter for anything under Current Post. Thus the logos are displayed on the Blog Page whilst it has none configured on its own.
The condition "Blog" is not being viewed will hide the row on the Blog Page (yay) but also on all blog posts (noo). Thus I’d like to know if there is any Condition like "Blog page" is not being viewed, just like for Front Page.

I’d greatly appreciate any help or hints.

Hello Moritz,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked the condition as “Blog: is not being viewed” on my localhost it seems that the condition is working fine at my end.

It might be the issue of cache or plugin conflict I would suggest you purge all the cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Moritz,

I have checked your custom footer and I found out that you are using the element conditions incorrectly. The element condition will be dependent on the parents condition that is assigned to. First, you will have to assigned your header whether is it for the entire site, for singular pages or for archive pages.

If in your footer (header or in any page or layout), there are elements that you want to display or hide in a specific page (post or archive), having the “Entire Site” assignment will create conflict and issues. The best way to do this is to create two custom footers that will be assigned to the various pages. In your case, you will have to create two custom footer. The first one that has the red bar will be assigned to the blog index and archives only. The second custom footer which does not have the red bar can be assigned for the rest of the site.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.