Fix slug / url - copying from duplicated page

Hello,
I duplicated a page. I’ve changed the slug to be services-san-diego on the page and it’s stuck with the url of the page that I duplicated it from.

Thank you.

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for writing in! Before you duplicate or change the slug, make sure that you have empty your trash or bin first because if there are pages that bear the same slug in the trash/bin, it will just put -{n} at the end of your slug or will not even allow you to save the desired slug.

We would love to change your site if the above suggestions do not work for you. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I have provided my info in a secure note.

page title: Services San Diego
Slug needed: services-san-diego

page title: Services Las Vegas
Slug needed: services-las-vegas

I am getting this message when I try to edit the page with cornerstone. Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 6.03.18 PM

Thank you for your help.

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the credentials, it seems this is an issue with the duplicator that you’re using. Can you try using the native Cloning feature of Cornerstone?

That means you need to create the empty page first, then use the Clone Existing feature.

Cheers,

I cloned the page instead of duplicating it, and the slug of the cloned page is still stuck as the original: https://revealhm.com/best-hair-makeup-services-honolulu-2/

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.02.23 AM

Hello Ashley,

You are having the issue because you haven’t cleared your trash bin.

Check the link in the secure note below.

I “trashed permanently” all of the services pages excepted “services old” and I’m still not able to duplicate the page and get the new slug to stick.

I tried to create another page and I keep getting this message:

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 7.50.05 PM

Hello Ashley,

I tried to access your site dashboard it seems it is not working at the moment. I would suggest you please have a look at this article to learn more about how to fix the “Too Many Redirects Issue”

In case if it doesn’t work for you please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks

What is FTP details? I’ll add a secure note with my login credentials to Wordpress to this note. Thank you.

Hi Ashley,

I have duplicated the page on your website and found the same issue you have described here. The issue might be due to the cache. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider to clear all server-level cache and check if that resolves your issue. If that does not, please contact the Plugin Author on this and let us know the feedback from them.

NOTE: You can also check another plugin for duplicating the page.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.