Feature request: show grid line numbers in the grid builder

It could look similar to this:

A nice QoL improvement.

4 Likes

Great idea! This would make life with the grid builder so much easier.

I’ve had some complex grid layouts with overlapping content in the past where I had to type in the coordinates manually.

We need this one Charlie! :wink:

1 Like

Exactly! :grinning:

I like it. I’m not sure what that negative numbers are doing or trying to show though in that picture? Is that just a sample mockup and can be ignored?

3 Likes

Hi @charlie, the negatives are useful if we want to do a span 2 from the right for instance. we could x start span 2 x end -2. I use things like this to bump your cell 2 example into the main content area on a grid that is full width ie minmax(6%, 1fr) repeat(14, minmax(auto, 100px)) minmax(6%, 1fr)

2 Likes

Exactly, thanks for chiming in @scotbaston.

I’m probably revealing my lack of grid knowledge here. Why does it only have the -1 on the right, but -1 through -6 on the bottom?

I’m no grid master either and wasn’t aware you could do this until recently. This article explains negative grid lines quite well.

Hi @charlie

you are right about the -1 in the top right.

to be clearer, the negative numbers start on the right and move left, or start at the bottom and move up.
For an excellent game training course, check out GridCritters https://gridcritters.com/

1 Like