Feature Request / Documentation Addition - Data Tables

Hi Charlie,

I am not sure if this is a feature request, or documentation addition. Having starting to use Data Tables for the first time, to replace the plugin Search & Filter Pro, I have hit an issue, which your colleagues helped me overcome.

The request is to either add into the documentation that if a table cell contains content, it will override any Headline / Text or other elements added to the cell. I had the scenario that I needed a hyperlink using DC. Themeco’s great support guys suggested using a Headline element (which I had already tried). However, the Headline only worked once I had removed the DC from the Data Cell. It would be really helpful to have this key fact documented.

Alternatively, could the Data Cell get a Link toggle? This would make the basic cell content be instantly more usable without adding elements.

Many thanks,
Christopher

1 Like

Do you have a screenshot of your setup? You should be able to utilize elements and cell content together. I am trying to figure out what scenario removes the headline element when cell content is in place.

I can add that feature into the element. Thanks for the feedback.

Have a great day.

Yes I do.

The first column, Surnames, needs to be hyperlinked to the detail page (Single Layout) and contains a Headline element. The second field First name has the DC directly in the data cell, as you can see.

What I was trying to get at is that if the Surname data cell contained the DC - {{ term.name }} in this instance, there is no current option to link that cell to the detail page. If you add a Headline element into the data cell with the cell’s DC still in place, the headline’s content, specifically the link, gets overriden by the parent cell. To make the headline element do what we want, the cell’s content has to be removed.

The reason for requesting the documentation addition is that it took a bit of trial and error to work out that if an element is used in the data cell, the cell’s content must be empty.

Links to the page are in the Secure Note.

Thanks as ever!

I understand now. I can update the docs to contain something about this. Have a great day.

Thank you! Enjoy your day!!

1 Like