Feature request: bulk edit elements

The ability to select multiple elements on a page and bulk edit control groups they have in common.

1 Like

This would be really nice. It’s something we’ve wanted to do for a while but the most we could do right now is elements of the same type. It’s also not actionable right now a fair bit of refactoring. Definitely on our long term list to keep in mind. There are two refactoring projects we’d need to have solved first. One has to do with how element data is saved. Another is a planned on rewrite of the Outline tab React components. It will keep the same design but there are some performance challenges especially as elements are more deeply nested. Once those two are solved or underway we can revisit this again.

2 Likes

Ok, sounds good :+1:

:+1:

Slightly related.
When I want to save a template from a page with many sections I have to go through and unclick all the sections one by one that I don’t want. It would be great to have a simple select all/deselect all button.

1 Like

Good point. We’ve talked about this a few times in the past but haven’t really prioritized it. We’re going to do some upgrades to the Outline pane (mainly under the hood performance) so I’ll make a note to revisit this one.

1 Like

Would now be a good time to start thinking about implementing something like this? :grin:

2 Likes

This would be really cool. I use the Unity3D version of this all the time. It does seem like a ton of work, we could probably start with the ability to multi-select and delete that multi selection. Then that translates to inspect all in that list. Something we can discuss after 6.3.0 is fully out.

3 Likes

Great! Divi has this feature and it’s a nice way to speed up development a little bit.

2 Likes