Fatal Error after updating Cornerstone/Theme

Hi there,

I really know nothing about back-end stuff, and after updating plugins last night including our theme, we now have an error when trying to access our Dashboard unless it is through the Recovery Mode link. I believe the issue is with Cornerstone due to the error but I am not sure.

Are there paid services out there that can be hired for those who are not able to resolve these issues on their own? Unless this is an easy fix I don’t think I will be able to solve it.

Under the Cornerstone plugin:

This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode.

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 106 of the file /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php . Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone\{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create('\\Themeco\\Corner...') #3 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve('\\Themeco\\Corner...') #4 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44):

In an email I received from Wordpress:

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 106 of the file /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter))
#1 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array)
#2 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create(’\Themeco\Corner…’)
#3 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(’\Themeco\Corner…’)
#4 /hermes/bosnaweb24a/b2339/nf.manitobaunderdogsorg/public_html/xtheme/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44):

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi @manitobaunderdogsrescue,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Try deactivating all the plugins first, if you’re using child theme then switch to parent theme and then make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions.

This particular problem could happen if you do not update both to their latest version causing the compatibility issues.

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

I’ve added a secure note to my previous post now. Thank you!

Thank you for the credentials, please update your PHP version to 7.4, the minimum recommended version.

Please contact your hosting on how you can update the PHP version on your site

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I tried that yesterday and it created an entirely different error so it was reverted back.

I am paying our host to restore the site from a backup prior to the theme, Cornerstone and Wordpress update. Clearly these aren’t compatible with the newest releases. :frowning:

We don’t have any issue with our website using PHP 7.4. It could be best to know what error occurs when you update to PHP 7.4? In that way, we can narrow down and solved your issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.