Fatal error after pro update to 4.0.1 (Soliloquy)

hi there,

i updated to the new version of pro (4.0.1) and got a fatal error with the plugin: soliloquy:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘Soliloquy_Common’ not found in /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php:153 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1847): Soliloquy_Shortcode->__construct() #1 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1857): Soliloquy_Shortcode::get_instance() #2 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(452): require(’/var/www/client…’) #3 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(398): Soliloquy->_get_sliders() #4 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/soliloquy.php(24): Soliloquy->get_sliders() #5 /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(65): CS_Soliloquy->controls() #6 /var/www/clients/client10/we in /var/www/clients/client10/web15/web/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php on line 153

after disabling the plugin site works normal.
the problem is i need soliloquy for this site! (the site is running on ngnix server if this helps, php7.4, wp 5.6)

thanks in advance!
cheers
harry

even after 4.0.3 (and 4.0.4) update the site crashes when activating the slider plugin.
since soliloquy is a supported and bundled plugin it should work?
i added the creds in the secure note.

Same issue here. Appears a classic element is used and maybe that could be the issue. The error appears to be from Soliloquy though. Maybe it’s just used incorrectly somehow in the classic element, although I didn’t try any other way.

I fixed it by editing the file wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php and adding these 3 lines below the constructor at about line 150 so it looks like this:

public function __construct() {

if ( ! class_exists( 'Soliloquy_Common' ) && file_exists( ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php' ) ) {
			require_once ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php';
		}

Error was:

[16-Dec-2020 21:05:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Soliloquy_Common' not found in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php:153
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1847): Soliloquy_Shortcode->__construct()
#1 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1857): Soliloquy_Shortcode::get_instance()
#2 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(452): require('/home/username/...')
#3 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(398): Soliloquy->_get_sliders(true)
#4 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/soliloquy.php(24): Soliloquy->get_sliders()
#5 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(65): CS_Soliloquy->controls()
#6 /home/username/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/e in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php on line 153
1 Like

Hi @deranaloge

Can you please share the FTP credentials, so we can deactivate the plugin after activating the Soliloquy plugin from the WordPress dashboard to check what is the cause of the issue you are having?

@rrhode,

If you are still having this issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Why would I do that? I cannot provide that to you since it wasn’t actually my site but if you want some info about the server config for some reason just let me know. I provided a fix for the issue in my last message.

Same here! and @rrhode your fix didn’t work for me, did you delete what was inside constructor function?

hi there,

okay i added ftp creds in secure note.

cheers

No I just added it to the top above existing code.

Works! thanks.

Hi @deranaloge,

By re-installing the said plugins from the Pro > Validation has resolved the issue. I would like to request you to update your theme to the latest point release i.e. 4.0.6 and let us know if you are getting the same issue.

Thanks

hi,

thats weird because i did a reinstall allready. that was the first thing what i did…
so there was another error?

cheers

Hi @deranaloge,

It’s great that it is resolved now. We are still investigating compatibility between the theme and other plugins and will fix it if anything is found.

Thanks

Hi, I can report the same issue occured when updating from Pro 4.0.4 to 4.0.5. Installing 4.0.6 and the issue persists.

Thanks @rrhode for the code - edting the soliloquy plugin shortcode.php file as shown fixed the issue for us (for now).

hi,

i updated to the latest version and the error is back.
i deactivated the plugin, did a reinstall of the plugin still the same issue.
so will there be a fix?
i used @rrhode code for now. i need the site running.

thanks

Hello @deranaloge,

It’s good to know that you have applied the fix from the response above. Our developers are already investigating this as well.

Best Regards.

thanks. one more note:
the fix DOES work for the frontend, but in the backend the sliders does not show, there are several fatal errors on that pages where the slider shortcode is placed. sometimes i have to efresh the site 5 times before i can see the editor.
is there any fix soon?
cheers

I have the same error:

#0 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1847): Soliloquy_Shortcode->__construct()
#1 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1857): Soliloquy_Shortcode::get_instance()
#2 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(452): require(’/srv/users/rikk…’)
#3 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(398): Soliloquy->_get_sliders(true)
#4 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/soliloquy.php(24): Soliloquy->get_sliders()
#5 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-bas in /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php on line 153

The code workaround won’t work for me, hoping for a fix;

Thanks for reporting, Stefan. I have replicated the issue in one of my test sites but Soliloquy works on others so there must be some server configuration that’s causing this.

Let me know if there’s anything i can do. I’m hoping this can get resolved soon.
I’m on pro Versie: 4.0.7 and i’m using a child theme.

I updated wp-rocket, and pro 4.06 to 4.07 before that (i have wp-rocket deactivated, didn’t help. I reinstalled soliloquy too, also didn’t help.)

Hi Stefan,

A few hours ago, we have released another version 4.0.8, it has some issues fixed already. Please update your theme to that version.
If you are still experiencing the same issues, please open a new ticket and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks