Faster scrolling for custom links and text anchors

Hi, I’ve set up a single home page with sections that custom links in the menu scroll down to.

Everything works well except for the time that it takes for the page to jump down to that section. I would like a much quicker (snappier) jump to the page section. Is this possible?

Dev site here https://arthousetradingco.com/ (it has an Under Construction page on it, the By-Pass Password is ben2020).

Hello Paul,

Thanks for writing in! There is a JS error on the page which resulted to the unclickable password icon. kindly provide us your WP access instead so we can check your site. Kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel, a secure note has been created.

Hello Paul,

I have logged in and checked your site already. Now I know what you mean. Regretfully we do not have any setting that you can adjust the delay of the scroll when you click on a link within the page. By default, it is set to roughly 850ms. What you have in mind is only possible with custom development by recoding the JS script for the scroll to section. This is beyond the scope of our support and not recommend as it may create issues with the future updates of the theme.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks, @ruenel. 2 more questions if you please. If I set the scroll time to less, say 150ms would that be a faster scroll? And do you have any suggestions on site to help me get my head around JS script and where to find that code?

Hey Paul,

Yes, adjusting the delay to 150ms will make it become faster. The JS script can be found in x.js file in themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/ folder. It is already minified and we do not recommend any modifications to the file as it will lead to conflict or issues with the future updates.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.