FA categorization and icon previews in Appearance -> Menus

Would it be possible to enhance the icon picker UI to look and function a bit more like the one inside Cornerstone? With previews of the icons and the same categorization?

It would be possible. However it’s not really quick. We have been talking about consolidating our admin settings area, and during that project I would really like to bring the controls we use in app to be used in the admin areas as well. I’ve created a request for this one, have a great day!

1 Like

Awesome, that sounds good.

Does that mean you’ll make your color picker and font controls available everywhere as well?

Probably not at first if you mean on your frontend pages. I can definitely get us closer though. Since they are still built in React, including a lot of the controls would be a pretty big overhead. We can definitely consider it, but using smaller, more easily styleable input libraries and controls for the frontend might be preferred.

I was thinking about just wp-admin. One thing that always bugs me is that font/color/icon controls are never consistent across different plugins.