Extension not activating in Pro Child theme?

Hey there,

I’ve installed the Pro Child theme and all is working well, except, I have just noticed that the extensions cannot be activated.

How do I go about doing this?

Please advise.

Many thanks,
David

Hello David,

Would you mind mentioning specific details if what you are seeing when you try to activate the extensions?

For the meantime, please make sure you have validated your theme installation so that you can install the bundled plugins that come with Pro.

Hope this helps.

Hey, Jade!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have already validated my purchase.

The problem I’m really having is getting the Woocommerce basic pages installed. So I deleted the Woocommerce pluggin and went to reinstall it from the Validation option in Pro. I then noticed an error message related, so I reinstalled and activated it via upload; then checked and noticed that all extensions were now active again. Hope this makes sense to you!

However, I do still need help with those Woocommerce basic pages, i.e. Shop: Cart: Checkout: My Account: Terms and Conditions:

Please advise.

Many thanks,
David

Hello!

Please, can someone advise on the above.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Please navigate to WooCommerce > Status > Tool > Create default WooCommerce pages then click on the Create pages button:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hey, @thai,

That worked! thank you so much.

However, now I have another issue in that the Checkout page is showing a blank page with no content.

How do I fix this?

Please advise.

Talk soon,
David

Hello David,

Please edit the checkout page and make sure that the Woocommerce [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode is present on the page.

Hope this helps.

Hey @Jade!

Thanks for your time and attention in addressing this issue, today!

I have edited and added the Woocommerce [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode. When viewing that page it is completely blank.

I have also gone ahead and disabled each plugin to see if there were any conflicts, and none could be found.

Please advise soonest what steps to take next.

Talk soon,
David

Please, would someone why the checkout page is showing blank?

I’m on a time schedule to have this site publish by tomorrow.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi David,

Please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) to make sure that this is not a caching related issue, this will help you to avoid any potential errors.

We like to take a closer look on your to see what’s going on, but it is under construction mode. If the issue persists after clearing the caches, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a Secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hey there @friech!

I’ve done just like you’ve suggested and cleared all cashing features to make sure its not a caching related issue. The problem with the [woocommerce_checkout] page remains, still not displaying any content. I’ve also noticed that the page fails to update every time and also does not open on the preview page option.

Please advise.

Talk soon,
David

Hi David,

I have installed the WordPress classic editor plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/) and re-created the WooCommerce checkout page for you. Now your checkout page is functioning properly (see secure note). Please test it on your end as well.

Thanks!

Hey there @mldarshana!

That worked, thank you so much.

I’m really loving Pro. Especially now that I’ve found this YouTube Chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3oDfpP7_CZLRGCsionwZwg

Again, thank you so much.

Talk soon,
David

You’re most welcome David!
We’re glad our staff were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.