Ethos.css loading twice and one has unused script in there

Howdy, check out logoglo.com.

So, I noticed it loads 2 versions of ethos css, is this really necessary?

In one of them, using google console coverage, it shows 90% of it isnt used…anyway you could strip or combine in the next release?

Hello @logoglo,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that a 3rd party plugin is causing a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi yeah, I already tested, so I activated the normal theme, not child, disactivated all plugins, and did a hard flush of the cache, still appearing twice:

I will leave login details in the secure note.

Hello @logoglo,

The two ethos.css is coming from the legacy style and the stack style.

See the secure note.

You can use the “Combine CSS files” in the File Optimization section of the WP Rocket plugin so that the number of files loaded into your site will be optimized.

Best Regards.

Thanks, its actually not a best practice to combine when using http2/3 (which I am) can you explain why there are 2 please? why this is happening, and if its possible to get rid of one?

Hello @logoglo,

The legacy styling is needed to set up the legacy theme views, features, options, et cetera display correctly.
Getting rid of it may result in a broken page especially if you are using classic elements of legacy theme views or features.

Hope this helps.

Gotchya, ok, in this case I think I will combine, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You are most welcome @logoglo.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.