Ethos 1 blog excerpt homepage theme options <> CSS

Hi,
URL: goflitter.com
Product: X theme/childtheme
Theme: Ethos 1
Plugins: Akismet, Cornerstone, Duplicate post, Google Analytics, Really Simple SSL,
Slider Revolution, SSL Insecure Content Fixer, Yoast SEO

Request: show blog excerpt on homepage.

Note:
I found a closed topic so I had to make a new topic for the same question/solution.
Although I followed the instructions:
The author, date, and categories are post meta data. You can enable it under Theme Options > Blog > Post Meta.

If you don’t see the excerpt meta box on your end, please press the Screen Options on the upper right, and check the excerpt box.
I don’t have the same result. How can I solve this?
Update: solved it myself: just open a new post and then Screen Options :blush:
But now I’ve another question: why it has to be handwritten…?! It should be automatically an extract from the blog content.

I also cann’t understand why in other topics about excerpt the instruction include CSS and the above solution just needs some preference changes. Why?

Many thx in advance.

Hi,

Your site is currently under maintenance mode so we can’t check your homepage.

No need to add excerpt manually, it’s automatic if you have set your homepage to display latest post.

Hi Paul,
Thx for your soon reply.
Although my reading settings already are accordingly but without the wanted result: an excerpt.
I’ll send a secure note so you can check.

Hi there,

Thanks for the details:

You will have to manually add the exceprt for some pages if you have created them using Cornerstone because when you build a post or page using Cornerstone, the page will contain some cornerstone shortcodes apart from the actual text. Try setting plain text in Italie - Lasize and you should see the except automatically added in the homepage.

I am not sure which post you are referring to but you will need to add CSS in instances where you want to style the page that you are working on.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.