Estimation plugin not activating

I’m trying to use the estimate plugin, but its telling me it needs activation and it seems to have issues working properly.

In the licence page says:

When I try to edit steps it just flashes like its thinking but never opens up with anything.

I can see steps, but cannot edit them. The shortcakes works on the main page when used, but I cannot edit steps.

Hello @muaawiyahtucker,

Thanks for writing in! The Estimation plugin is bundled in the theme. You do not have to register or activate it because we are the ones who will provide the updates. If you are experiencing some issues using the plugin, please the following:

If nothing else is working, we would love to investigate your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

So I did the steps you mentioned above, and here’s what I found.

Contact 7 plugin was breaking the Estimation & Payment Forms that prevented the forms from even working.

So I deactivated it.

However, it still says: “Activation required”

It does still work however, in the sense that when I go to edit forms it works. But there is on issue which remains besides telling me it needs activation. When I go to edit any step, it just goes to ‘thinking’ most as described above. This is after I increased the php memory. This is also even if I turn off all plugins and themes instead of the default theme, it still hangs. What I don’t understand is that yesterday it worked for a bit. I was able to edit each step and make a whole new form. But the very next day I go there it just reverted back to its ‘thinking’ state.

Hello @muaawiyahtucker,

Because of the plugin updates, the message that shows “Activated Required” now displays. You can actually ignore this message as this does not affect any of the functionality of the plugin. As proof to that, please see the video in the secure note below.

Best Regards.

As I said before, I understand that the “activation required” label doesn’t prevent one using it, but I still can’t go into any steps. Sometimes, without explanation it does, but most of the time it just hangs. I’ve left it like that for over an hour and just doesn’t progress beyond that.

I increased the PHP memory thinking it was a memory issue but no joy.

Hey @muaawiyahtucker,

This has to do with your server not the “Activated Required” message so let’s forget about that since you know that already.

The steps work on my end but I experience them not loading from time to time. It’s a problem with your web host.

If that doesn’t work on your end, try a different browser with no browser extensions. And, contact your web host why they couldn’t connect to wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data

Thanks.

I have a VPS, so could you explain what exactly is the issue here? as I have two separate VPS’s and I have the same issue with both of them…

Hey @muaawiyahtucker,

Regretfully, we’re not server experts so we cannot explain what wrong with your VPS setup. Please contact your web host. Show them the screenshot I’ve provided maybe they have an idea.

Thanks.

But as I think about it…why would it work for you and not for me if its an issue with the VPS? I’m using a Mac, using safari. And I’ve tried it on two separate Macs, one old and one new.

Hey @muaawiyahtucker,

The steps page loads intermittently on my end. Not always. If it doesn’t load on your end completely, it could be a problem with your network connection to your web host. Try other devices connecting from different locations.

There is nothing we can do on our end, regretfully.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.