Essential Grid Won't Show Correctly

I duplicated a grid and changed settings to show max. 3 posts for the homepage, in an effort to improve speed.
In the essential grid preview - it shows correctly, just the three most recent posts, however, on the website it keeps loading them all.

garrettkitchens.co.uk - it is the real kitchens section on the home page. Any ideas?! I purged SG cache also. Tried deleting the essential grid from the edit with cornerstone mode, and then re-adding, but to no avail.

Ultimately the reason for the mucking around is to try and improve speed/performance. Only getting 40/100 on pagespeed score.

Any ideas?

Hey Michael,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects the loading of your essential grid.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for providing the credentials. In your Grid Settings, you have put -1 value for the maximum post option which means that all the items returned by the Type and Category option will be displayed on the front end.

You should set the maximum to 3 if you only want to display 3 items.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.