Essential Grid - videos freezing + Smooth Scroll issue

Hi guys. I’m having a couple strange problems on a page with an Essential Grid.

(1) I have a grid set up where the tiles autoplay a self-hosted mp4 on hover. It all works fine when you first load up the page, but if you scroll down the page and then back up again, all the tiles that were hovered are now frozen. Hovering again will not autoplay the video. The only way to unfreeze the videos is to reload the page.

I’ve replicated the problem in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. I deleted my caches, disabled my image optimization plugin, and toggled on/off all of the Smart Loading and Media Playback options in Essential Grid:

I have a similar grid set up on my homepage that uses the native Grid element, and my hover mp4s work there with no issues.

Any idea why my Essential Grid videos are freezing?

(2) I just activated the Smooth Scroll extension to control how fast users can scroll down my site for syncing with animations. It works great on the homepage, but on my Videos page and Photography page (which both use Essential Grids), the scroll wheel seems to get “stuck”. Usually I scroll down the page a little bit, and then it refuses to scroll any more. I can manually click and drag the scroll bar without issue, it’s just the mouse wheel that seems to get stuck. I’ve replicated this in multiple browsers. When I disable Smooth Scroll, the problem disappears.

Is there a way I can disable Smooth Scroll on certain pages?

Hey @one_eyed_man,

For #1, please copy your live site to staging and give us the staging WordPress Admin login credentials in a Secure Note because we need to check if this is a bug in the Essential Grid.

If you can’t create a staging site, please kindly perform the following troubleshooting steps in your live site and tell us the result of each step.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue - We need to know if our theme, Pro is involved.
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict - Including the Smooth Scroll plugin
  3. Child Theme
  4. Css/Js Customization

For #2,

No. There are ways in WordPress to disable a scripts per page but we can’t provide guidance on that as part of our theme support. We can provide that in our One premium support though which you might want to consider subscribing to.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.