Essential Grid problem today

I use Essential Grid in many of my Pro sites. Today I tried to add it to one of my sites and activate it. It says it is activated in various places. It looks like it will work. But when I try to make a New Grid, after I enter the grid name and the alias, the Shortcode entry box is grayed out and nothing else works in the interface. I cannot make a new grid. Can you help me?

Hi @johnboak,

Thanks for reaching out.

Upgrading WordPress can be the reason for this issue, we are currently testing our themes and plugins with the updated version of WordPress, theme and bundled plugins will be released after it has passed our test.
Please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions are already available.

I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version of your website, till the updated version of the theme & plugin released.
To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Would it work if I purchased an Essential Grid license from Themepunch? It seems I am using WordPress 5.5.

Hello @johnboak,

The Essential Grid version 2.3.6 should work even without purchasing the plugin license code. I have tested this on our local testing servers. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hello @johnboak,

The given credentials do not work for us. Can you please double check?

Thanks.

I had the same problem today - rolled back to WP 5.4.2 and now Essential Grid works like it used to. Thanks for the tip.

Hey guys,

The solution for this now is to downgrade WordPress like what @untypical did. Essential Grid 3.0.0 is the version that is compatible with WordPress 5.5.

With that said, if you want to use WordPress 5.5 now, you need to purchase and get Essential Grid 3.0.0 directly from ThemePunch as we cannot release 3.0.0 yet to be bundled in our themes as we are currently testing it.

Hope that helps.

That does help. I will buy a license for the site, and get going again. Thank you so much for giving me a solution for my problem.

@johnboak,

It’s our pleasure to help you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.