Essential Grid Max Visible Rows

Hello, after update the Max Visible Rows for ESG are no longer working for the mobile setting - it will always just follow the row setting for desktop. Could you please advise a fix? Thanks!

(Already checked the suggested solution in this post but it didn’t work.)

Hello @cynth,

Thanks for posting in! I have tested Essential grid in our local testing server. I am using Ess Grid 2.3.6 and I could not replicate the issue.

sJy0nFtcTEGH0Xvsbnb18Q

Please troubleshoot some common issues in your site that may have cause this in your grid.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel.

I did do all the checking as suggested previously - issue only started after the latest WP update, was fine prior to that. I tried to disable/enable the Max Rows Mobile, change values and resave etc. but nothing has seemed to work.

Have attached secure note, thanks & appreciate your help.

Hi @cynth,

Have you cleared your SG cache after applying the changes? For example, your news page is properly working, it has 1 column and 6 max visible rows on mobile. That is after I cleared your SG Cache.

Please note that cache is like an opposite of change, it serve the same content to prevent re-execution of the code making it load faster. Hence any change will not take effect instantly once the cache is active.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, thank you for checking.

Yes, I did cleared all the caches both on SG and also on my mobile browser. I have now gone back in to return the settings to what I wanted them to be - 2 rows on desktop, 4 rows on mobile for the News & Gallery grids. However, I am still only seeing 2 rows on both grids for mobile (the desktop versions reflect the changes properly).

Any idea on what might be going wrong here?

Hi @cynth,

I went to your website and added a sample grid called Test. Then I added a page called Test and added the grid there using Classic Essential Grid element.

The way I set the grid is to have 2 rows for mobile and 3 rows on desktop. I checked the result on my desktop and actually loaded up the page on my iPhone XR. It worked with no problem.

Please kindly consider that shrinking the browser window is not considered as mobile mode and you need to test with actual mobile device to see the result.

Thank you.

Thanks Christopher.

I think it may have been a caching problem, I had to actually turn the cache off completely and do the clearing again etc. for any changes to appear. I have just checked and the page you created works as do the settings I made on my own pages now.

Appreciate you taking the time to check, all good now, thanks!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.