Essential Grid Images Not Adding

Hi there,

I have the latest update of everything (theme, WP, plugins) and I cannot seem to add a new image to my Essential Grid.

It appears as a grey box:

When I click to “add image” I don’t see it appear, it just shows white:

I am not sure what to do to upload an image to a single grid item. It will allow me to add “bulk” images just not edit images on an individual grid item or upload a single image.

Thank you so much!

Hi @artthescience,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This sounds like a plugin conflict, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If this issue persists then please check for the following:

1. INCREASING PHP MEMORY LIMIT
  2. DISABLING CACHE
  3. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If nothing works then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply!

It’s actually the only plugin I have installed :slight_smile:

Hey @artthescience,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you.

Hi there, I added the secure note information above. You have my permission to access the site and run all necessary tests, but not make any permanent changes without telling me the changes first.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hello @artthescience,

There is a JS error when you choose a new element. Kindly delete the image and then add it again instead.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I am not sure what you are asking me, but the only way I can currently manipulate images of any kind is to use the “add images in bulk” feature …

Everything else is broken and does not display an image.

Hello @artthescience,

When you edit an item and change the image, there is a JS error.

Uncaught ReferenceError: attachment is not defined
    at h.Collection.<anonymous> (admin.min.js?ver=3.0.12:1)
    at p (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at f (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at c (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at h.Collection.n.trigger (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at h.Collection._onModelEvent (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at p (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at f (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at c (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)
    at n.trigger (backbone.min.js?ver=1.4.0:2)

This is why it is best that you delete the item and re-add again using the “Add Bulk Images”. You may need to wait a few seconds while the process is taking. I have successfully added an image by the way.

If you are having difficulty adding the image, please point to us which image you want to add along with the title and the filter it should belong to.

Thank you.

Thanks, but I already mentioned that the only way to add or edit an image for an element is by adding a new element using “Bulk”. All other image related adds or edits are not working.

How will this be resolved?

This is not good for workflow to have to lose all information from an element because I have to add a new one since I can’t edit an image on any element due to this error.

I cannot keep using Essential Grid if you can’t get it to work. What’s the plan? Is this only on my end or due to the updates?

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hi @artthescience,

This seems to be a bug on the Essential Grid itself as I tested this with the default theme and lower version of WP on my dev site.

For now, just use the “Add Bulk Images” even though you’re only adding one image. You can still edit item data.

Thanks,

Thank you.

I have over 30 elements so you can imagine how annoying it is to have to add a new one when I change an image. I lose all of the information for that element and I have to reposition it in a grid of 30!

What actions are taken to inform Essential Grid that their product isn’t working. Is this something you can do, or should I?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @artthescience,

Yes, I understand that dilemma, I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it and so they can communicate it to the Essential Grid developers.

Thank you for understanding,

1 Like

I just wanted to reply that I’m having the same issue, with the exception that I can’t even add images via bulk upload. They just come up as a blank white square. So I have no way of adding new items at all. It’s really killing me as I can’t work with it at all at this point. :frowning: Any word on an update?

Hi Steven,

I just check the the ticket but there’s no update yet but rest assured that this is forwarded to the Essential Grid developers.

Thank you for understanding.

I am having the same issue as well, and my employer is NOT happy about it. We use Essential Grids across multiple pages and I have images that need to be updated ASAP but now am unable to do so as the “Choose Image” in the Alt. Image Item Datas does absolutely nothing. Please add my account to the list to the developers. Very frustrated.

@valentinelucky @SheilaB,

I’ve added your complaints to the bug report.

Thanks,

@friech I am having this same issue, unable to add new images or replace existing ones. I have made no recent changes to my site, looks to be a bug.

Please can you update me on progress with the ticket, this is causing issues for our business.

Hi Marshall,

My colleague has already reported this to our Issue Tracker for further investigation, but regretfully there is no news on this till now.

Thanks

Hello,
I have the same problem, I cannot upload any images. I have already switched off all plugins and tried different jQuery-versions. Would you also let me know when there is a new version or an update? Thank you!

Hello @art180,

There is no update at the moment, as my colleague said on the above thread it has been already reported.

Thanks for understanding