Essential Grid: I'm Using Category Filters for a Custom Grid, Can it Display the 'All' Filter as Default and Rearrange the Filter Categories into a Different Order?

Hi, I’m using Essential Grid and set up some category filters for a custom grid and I’d really appreciate it if you could help me out with a couple of things:

1. When you go to the page with the grid on, it only shows the filter nav and nothing under it! By default, can it show the ‘All’ filter so it displays all of the images when you first see it and then you can use the filter categories to sort it as required, instead of it showing nothing?

2. Can the filter categories be rearranged into an order I want them to appear? At the minute it’s not even in alphabetical order, the order is as following:
    Show All, Miscellaneous, Open Shape, With Crown, With Ribbon/Banner, Circle, Crest, Oval, Shield

I’d like the order to be:
Show All, Circle, Crest, Oval, Shield, Open Shape, With Crown, With Ribbon/Banner, Miscellaneous

The URL to view is:

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Hi @core365,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your issue, we need to check your Essential Grid settings. Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

Yep, no problem! I’ll put the info in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hello @core365,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and investigated the issue. The “Start with filter” option should be empty.

Check your site now.

Hi @ruenel,

That’s great thanks! Although I thought ‘Start with Filter’ literally meant it would start with the filter you specified, as in it would show that category! It’s a bit confusing then to what ‘Start with Filter’ actually does!

Also, is there a way of doing point 2?

1. Can the filter categories be rearranged into an order I want them to appear? At the minute it’s not even in alphabetical order, the order is as following:
    Show All, Miscellaneous, Open Shape, With Crown, With Ribbon/Banner, Circle, Crest, Oval, Shield

I’d like the order to be:
Show All, Circle, Crest, Oval, Shield, Open Shape, With Crown, With Ribbon/Banner, Miscellaneous

Thanks!

Hello @core365,

Please edit your grid and in the Grid Settings > Nav-Filter-Sort tab, kindly rearrange the categories in the “Available Filters in Group” option:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

That’s great, thank you!

Thanks for all the time and help, it’s much appreciated!

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.