Essential grid and Revolution slider not working after latest updates

Hello,

When I updated Wordpress version to 5.5 a few days back, the Essential grid started conflicting with the editors. Then I waited for themepunch or you guys to release an update. I waited for three days and the updates appeared today. I went ahead and updated. And… lo and behold. Both the Essential grid and revolution slider stopped showing up on the website.

I tried deactivating all the plugins and activating them one by one, starting from just cornerstone and the Rev slider and/or Ess grid. Nothing worked. I then tried using the main theme instead of the child theme to see if it is the modifications. No that isn’t the problem. Now the entire front page is empty on the website. I need to solve this immediately. Someone please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi @sublimedesigns,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Cramaton,

Thanks for the reply. I also noticed two errors in the console,
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ():

https://www.sublimeflavors.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs.0ce70e6.js.map
&
https://www.sublimeflavors.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map

Do they mean anything?

Will provide the admin crews in a moment

Hi @sublimedesigns,

WordPress upgrade can be the reason for this issue, we are currently testing our themes and plugins with the updated version of WordPress, theme and bundled plugins will be released after it has passed our test.
Please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions are already available.

I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version of your website, till the updated version of the theme & plugin is released.
To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/

Please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Thanks for the response.

The usual suspect. However, the slides created in the older version of the rev-slider shows up in the cornerstone preview, but not in the front end. Slides created in the new version don’t even show up in the cornerstone preview.

I have updated the theme and all the plugins to the latest versions that are mentioned in the version compatibility page. As mentioned earlier, I have also checked by turning off all the plugins except the slider and it still doesn’t work in the front end.

I really do not want to downgrade the WP version at the moment, but looking for a workaround.

Hey There,

Unfortunately the login credentials you’ve provided are not working. Can you please update them. Thanks!

Hi @rubin,

The creds have been updated

Hey There,

We’ve taken a in-depth look and did not find the cause for this which is why we’ve now reached out to the plugin author to take an additional look. There is no theme conflict or anything indicating any other conflict. I’ve also forwarded this to our development team which took a look so rest assured we do everything possible to find the reason on why your site is having this issue.

Hi @rubin,

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

I’d really like to have the slider working again. Thank you

@sublimedesigns,

Please bear with us while our developers are fixing the issue. If you have any other concerns, just create a new ticket and we will be happy to answer your concerns.

Thank you.

I have similar issue, deleted plugin ess grid reinstalled. did not work.
created new grid from scracth did not work
www.jeroenkramer.com

Hi @pipodeklown,

WordPress upgrade can be the reason for this issue, we are currently testing our themes and plugins with the updated version of WordPress, theme and bundled plugins will be released after it has passed our test.
Please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions of plugins are already available.

I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version of your website, till the updated version of the theme & plugin is released.
To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/

Thanks

Are there any updates regarding the Rev slider? Or any idea about how long it might before there is a fix or an update? I did some workarounds for now, but not much can be said as permanent.

Hey @sublimedesigns,

Regretfully we don’t have an ETA yet but we’ve forwarded this to our development team to take a closer look.

Thank you for your understanding!

Same problem here

Hi guys,

We have an update for Revolution Slider 6.2.22 and are now available on automatic update. The update fixes various issues including some of the reported ones.

Please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions are already available for the other bundled plugins we have.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Well, this Topic is about Essential Grid and not Slider Revolution.

After updating I can’t see the Grid on the page, but I see it in my configuration menu (Preview).

PHP: 7.2
WP: 5.5
X: 7.2.3
Cornerstone 4.2.3
Ess. Grid 3.0.3

Hi @mickna,

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues:

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. Child Theme Issue
  3. CSS/JS Customization
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of the above help, please try by downgrading the WordPress version to our supported version. You can find the version here: https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility#general-requirements

Thanks

I see that there is an update for Revolution Slider 6.2.22 from within Revolution Slider, but the update isn’t showing as available in the Dashboard > WordPress updates.

I can’t update the plugin from within the plugin without a license code.

How can we update to 6.2.22?

Hi @marketfresh,

If you have a valid license code of our theme in your website, it should be available on automatic updates and you can now update your Revolution slider to the latest version.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.