Errors in post filter on upgrade to 9.1.3

I recently upgraded X theme and Cornerstone editor to 9.1.2 and encountered errors with filtering posts by category (the main page was displayed, but on selecting a category all the posts displayed on top of each other and would have to refresh the page before anything was clickable). I saw the 9.1.3 release addressed errors with filtering and so applied that as well, but now have no posts displaying on the page at all. Can you advise if this issue is still under investigation? What extra info do you require to troubleshoot?

Page in question is https://claritasolutions.com/insights/ We do have customisations, but they are in a child theme.

Thanks,
Lois

Hello @clarita,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings so I would request you please share your admin login details meanwhile I would recommend you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I have stepped through the troubleshooting you suggested. Nothing resolved the issue completely, but I suspect it will be a CSS customisation thing (and therefore not covered by your support I assume). We do have a child theme in place, and the error only occurred after the latest updates to X-Theme.

A quick update on what’s occurring:

• On loading https://claritasolutions.com/insights/ the filters are displayed but no posts
  • Move the mouse around the screen though and it changes to show that the links are there, they’re just not visible. You can actually click into them to open the post…you just don’t know what you’re going to get :wink:
  • Clicking on any of the filters still displays nothing. By inspecting the source I can see that some posts are there, but they’re not clickable where I would expect them to be

Removing the custom CSS changed the look of the filter, but didn’t change the fact that no posts were displayed.

Thank you so much!

Hi @clarita,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. I’ve taken a look and can confirm there’s something going on with the last release. We will correct this in a point release going out this afternoon.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this so promptly.

I’ve applied the updates and can see the posts displayed again on that page.

I still have an issue though when applying a filter. When you click on any filter (say News) a number of posts are stacked on top of each other in the upper left position and there are blank spaces over the screen with some posts displaying in random positions (maybe it’s still holding the space for where the posts that don’t match the filter should be???). I’ll let you know if I find anything in common between the posts that ‘stack’ in the corner and those that don’t.

From here, you then can’t click on any other filter to change the selection…you have to refresh the page to get back to ALL.

Thanks,
Lois

Hey Lois,

I have replicated the issue on my test site so I’ll post this in our issue tracker so this will be queued for investigation.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.