Error when moving classic image element since update

Hi,

My site https://thehorsleydirectory.co.uk has recently updated to the latest versions on Cornerstone and ThemeX, but now when I try and drag a classic image element to reposition it on the page I get the following error message:

If I then try and add a different element to the placeholder, the whole body section disappears:

The Cornerstone interface then freezes and I can only exit to the WP Dashboard.
I have only added custom CSS to the X customiser and have not changed any HTML.

Best wishes,

Brett

Hi Brett,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Brett,

There’s additional verification when I tried to access wp-admin. I suggest that you disable that plugin for the meantime.

Thank you.

Hey Brett,

I moved the image and saw the issue you described but only momentarily. The image preview went back after a second (see secure note).

Please clear your browser’s cache and also try other browsers.

A reinstall of X and Cornerstone might solve the momentary display of the error.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian and Marc,

Thanks for taking a look at my site. I’ve tried reinstalling Cornerstone and ThemeX and tested on other browsers as well as clearing the caches, but to no avail.

Rather than a temporary display issue, I’m getting a ‘permanent’ situation where I can move an image but then it locks in place and I can no longer move any images. Trying to add/delete anything results in the body section disappearing?

Thanks

Brett

Hello @brett101,

When you drag the image, there is a JS error that occurs on the page. It could be coming from one of the plugins which cause this conflict. As an alternative and for a faster solution, you can utilize the skeleton structure of the elements in the left panel and drag/drop the image element in which column you want it.

Check out the secure note.

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

That’s great, thank you, and I think easier to see what is happening.

Best wishes,

Brett

Hello @brett101,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any queries regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.