Error in saving - due to known issue with Woocommerce Shop Notices

Hello, see details below.

I now am unable to save the page that I had the issue in (with the PRO Shop notices element), the error is the “Uh oh. Failed to save” message. I have included the log of this error in note.

In the response above to my initial error, it was mentioned to downgrade WooCommerce. Unfortunately, I can’t do this. Previously the page could be saved, but now (potentially another update to plugins) means I can’t even save the page.

Please could you suggest a workaround for me to either be able to remove the element (I believe it causes the issue) and save the page - or keep the element and save the page with updated content?

Also to note, when viewing this specific page, I still receive a critical error message.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out.
It might be the PHP version is the reason behind your issue, I would suggest you upgrade the PHP version to 7.4 by contacting your Hosting Service provider and check if that issue resolves or not.
If that does not resolve your issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Specific Page where you are having this issue
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Good point. Although I have checked and this site is on 7.4 already. See secure note for further details.

Hello Thomas,

Regretfully we cannot check the site thoroughly because the given credentials have limited privileges. Please change it to Administrator role instead.

Thank you in advance.

Hello. This user is Administrator role. Please confirm what you’re trying to access?

Hello Thomas,

When I checked your site, it was not an Administrator yet. Now, I can access the page and edit it in Cornerstone. You are having the issue because you have added the Shop Notices WooCommerce dynamic element. Be advised that this dynamic element will only work for the shop index, product archive, single product, and other WooCommerce related pages. When used on normal pages, it will create an issue or even result in a fatal error. Please refrain from using this dynamic element on normal pages.

To resolve your issue, please remove the Shop Notices element on your page.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Apologies - although the user is admin - another setup had hidden a lot of its features - I removed when I realised this!

Yes - please see here. It’s not possible for me to remove this element and save the page. That was my issue, any suggestions to be able to remove it and save? Thanks!

Hey Thomas,

You can still open the page in the Page Builder so the Shop Notices can be deleted and you can save the page. I tested it so your page works now. In the future, just remember to try editing in the builder and try saving.

Thanks.

Hi Christian

It looks like you had to deactivate the plugins to be able to make this save (understandable with the errors). Next time, please at least reactivate the plugins once you have finished your work - thanks.

Hey Thomas,

Sorry I had to do that in order to show you or prove that it’s 3rd party plugin conflict. Also, it is not our responsibility to test for a plugin conflict. Please thoroughly test your site before reporting the issue to us.

Thanks.