Error File(/definition.php) is not within the allowed path

Hello Themeco,
Im getting this error constantly. I tried a full re-install of the theme, Cornerstone and even Wordpress itself. But the error keeps comming back everytime I have Cornerstone active on the website.

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/definition.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/sites/idoconcepts.nl/www/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/www/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/subdomains/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/private/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/logs/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/backups/:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/lib/php_include/cacert.pem:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/tmp/:/tmp/:/etc/.prepend.php:/sites/idoconcepts.nl/etc/.prepend.php:/usr/lib/php/8.0/stubs.php) in /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 218

Best regards,
GM

Hi @idoconcepts,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like the plugin is looking for files that don’t exist, make sure that you are fully updated (Theme and Plugins) You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

If the issue remains then I strongly recommend you to try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hello @Nabeel,

I know this sounds crazy, but I tried everything. Clean wp install even, with only the theme and it’s plugins. I contacted my host and they told me it’s the Cornerstone plugins fault. Somehow I do doubt that because the error occured during a time no changes have been made to the website. But nonetheless I keep getting this error everytime I install the cornerstone plugin and I am unable to use my website.

Best regards,
GM

Hello, @idoconcepts,

The issue has been already addressed in the following thread.

You can follow what my colleague said in the above thread or you can follow this one. Base on your error, this is just a PHP warning and it would not harm your website. You are seeing that code because the WP_DEBUG was set to true. Please set the WP_DEBUG to false on your wp-config.php files to hide the warnings because it is just intended for debugging some code.

In case if it does not work for you can add this code to your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors', 0);

In case if none of these work for you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.