Error after updating X 8.1.2. / 8.1.1 or 8.1.0

Hi there,

I experience problems with updating tot X 8.1.2. / 8.1.1 or 8.1.0.

I experienced the same problem 2 times when updating 2 different websites. After updating the website it is still not that good, but the Wordpress back office was so disorganized that I had to restore the entire site from a backup. We use the same layout of Xtheme and Cornerstone for 1 organization. Before the 8.1.0 update, I didn’t experience any issues at all.

The error message that is given is:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TGM_Plugin_Activation::is_plugin_activated() in /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): X_Validation_Cornerstone->maybe_show_notices(’’) #1 /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #2 /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(292): do_action(‘admin_notices’) #4 /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-admin/index.php(115): require_once(’/home/mozaiek/d…’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/mozaiek/domains/hetmozaiek-levwn.nl/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php on line 55
The samepublic_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php on line 55

As I wrote, I was able to restore the site from a backup, but could you estimate where the problem lies and whether it will be solved in a next version?

Thank you!

I have similar problem here:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TGM_Plugin_Activation::is_plugin_activated() in /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): X_Validation_Cornerstone->maybe_show_notices(’’) #1 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(292): do_action(‘admin_notices’) #4 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-admin/themes.php(244): require_once(’/home/kigiorg/p…’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php on line 55

Hi there,

I’m sorry you’re running into this. It sounds like Cornerstone and X may not be at compatible versions, or somehow files went missing during the update. Can you please try the following?

• Delete X and Cornerstone
  • Install the latest version of X using the WordPress theme uploader
  • Use the prompt from X to install Cornerstone

This should ensure the integrity of all the files and make sure you are on the latest version. Thanks!

Hi

I delete X and Cornerstone.
I reinstall latest version of X, but I can not access the X configurations now… The following message appears:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method TGM_Plugin_Activation::is_plugin_activated() in /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/updates/class-x-tgmpa-integration.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/updates/class-x-tgmpa-integration.php(72): X_TGMPA_Integration->with_plugin_status(Array) #1 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/admin/class-validation-extensions.php(21): X_TGMPA_Integration->get_extension_list() #2 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/admin/class-validation.php(28): X_Validation_Extensions->script_data_extensions() #3 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/admin/class-validation.php(58): X_Validation->get_module_data() #4 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): X_Validation->enqueue_scripts(‘toplevel_page_x…’) #5 /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) in /home/kigiorg/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/updates/class-x-tgmpa-integration.php on line 62

Can you help me?

Hello @Imaginato,

At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login credentials on a secure note. Please do not post anything on this thread because you are not the original poster. Any credentials you will add to this thread can be seen by the owner of the thread. In your own separate thread, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Ok, thank you,
i create the new thread.

Thanks, @Imaginato

Hi there,

This doesn’t work, at least not the solution for this problem.
I followed your instructions, but the same issue appears.

And this issue appears in 3 different websites i checked.

Are you sure it isn’t an issue in xtheme it self?

Hi @macvink,

If you haven’t updated the theme yet, I would request you please try updating the theme to the latest version 8.1.3. If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve tried your options in your first answer…
Could you please take a look for me?

Thank you!

Hi @tristup,

Did you figure out what the problem is? :sweat_smile:
Hope you or one of your staffmembers can help me out with this!

Thnks

Sanne

Hi @macvink,

I’ve updated your site to a development build and can confirm we’ve been able to address the problem. I believe this happened because of a third party plugin using the TGM Plugin activation class and it was loading before X. Ours is a bit customized so if another plugin took that class name X would be looking for functions that didn’t exist. I’m not sure exactly which plugin was involved but we’ve adjusted our code to prevent this from happening anymore. You’ll be able to update via automatic updates safely when the next version is pushed out.

Thank @alexender for your update! I wait til the next version is out!

Kind regards,

Sanne

You’re most welcome. Thank you for your patience while this issue has affected your sites. Sounds good on waiting for the update. I anticipate that we’ll be pushing it out later this afternoon.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.