Error Accessing Cornerstone to edit pages

I am using a Wordpress.com server and am testing moving some sites over to that platform. I have successfully tested the transfer of 2 sites and everything appears to work correctly. A third site transfers over fine and all pages appear to work, however, when I go to edit a page built with Cornerstone, I get stuck on a grey screen and Cornerstone never loads.

Here is the console message:

app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:1 
Failed to inflate gzip data SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at sh (app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:1:35584)
    at e (app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:135:169297)
    at async Lve (app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:135:169430)
sh @ app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:1
Understand this warning

app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:5 
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
    at Function.keys (<anonymous>)
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:5:25301
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:1:651
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:31:35210
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:31:39826
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:31:66604
    at app.react18.7.5.3.js?ver=7.5.3:135:169560

I have tried clearing all cache, disabling all plugins, and other troubleshooting, but I cannot get Cornerstone to load correctly on this one site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Treylok,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache please ensure that you have purged all the server cache. If it doesn’t work for you please copy your live website to your staging area and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have purged all the cache and the problem persists. Cornerstone works fine on the server in general, it is just when I restore 1 particular site that it breaks.

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

I have checked the same on your website by installing the latest version of Pro after deactivating all the plugins, but it seems that it is failing due to some permission issue. I will check with our development team on this, I would also suggest you contact WordPress.com hosting to check if they can provide any information on this.

Thanks

Thank you. It seems like permissions and settings are fine because I have other sites with Pro/Cornerstone that will load up correctly on the exact same staging server.

I can only guess something is going on with gzip on this site. It might be worth reaching out to the hosting provider to make sure everything is okay there. I added the following to your child theme to disable this in Cornerstone. It’s fine to run Cornerstone with this disabled, and it only affects Cornerstone. I was able to load in pages after this. Let us know if this helps.

define( 'CS_DISABLE_GZIP', true );

Great, thanks so much!

1 Like

Actually one more question. Where do I put this? I know I can put it in wp-config.php, but is there somewhere else within the Wordpress backend?

Thanks!

Nevermind, I see it was added to functions.php of the child theme. Posting for future reference and others.

Thanks!

1 Like

You are most welcome, Jeff.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.