Envira Gallery Lightbox Glitch

Hi there,

I wondered if you could help me out.

I’m using the Envira Gallery to display images within a lightbox for me. For some reason, when the image opens in the lightbox, there’s this weird jump to a black background on the page before the image appears in the lightbox.

I notice that there’s an error at the top of the site that says No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.

Does this perhaps have anything to do with that jump in the background? How can I stop it from jumping to the black background?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please ignore this message:
No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.

This message does not interfere nor the reason for any issues occuring in your site. You do not need to register the plugin with a license key because we will be the ones who will provide the updates. To know more about how we have intergated this plugin in the theme, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-envira-gallery/67

By the way, before we go into the issue with Envira, I noticed that you have installed X incorrectly. You have uploaded the wrong folder. I am guessing that you have uploaded x_package.zip and not x.zip. At the moment, you have wp-content/themes/x/x/ which should only be wp-content/themes/x/. Please log in to your ftp, browser in the themes folder and relocate the x folder to the correct one to prevent any issues or future issues that may occur.

Regarding the Envira gallery, I have looked in the homepage. The issue might be related to the correct themes folder. The styling for Envira may have been corrupted or did not even loaded. Please fix first the correct x theme folder location and we will check it again later on.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Rue,

Thanks for the observation. I’m guessing this explains why I’ve been having so many issues.

So how am I supposed to move the folder? I’m scared moving the folders will delete my current progress.

Hey @Jacqui,

Move all the contents of themes/x/x/ to themes/x/. Then, delete the empty x folder. Please review the correct theme installation here.

Thanks.

Okay, I’ve done that now.

Now the thing is when I visit the page, it says the theme directory “x/x” doesn’t exist.

What do I do now?

Oh never mind.

I just had to activate the correct theme, thanks for your assistance. Let me see if that’s helped the Envira Gallery

Let us know how it goes!

There’ still this weird jump to black when the lightbox is clicked.

Is it standard with the Base(Dark) lightbox theme or what? Because the examples on the site all use the Legacy lightbox theme and they don’t have that weird jump to black before the lightbox image appears.

Hi there,

You may change your lightbox to legacy in your EG Lightbox settings section.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.