Embedded video on mobile and tablet doesn't show after update to x pro 4.0.6

Hello,

I updated my theme X pro to version 4.0.6 today, and ever since my videos won’t display on a tablet or mobile. There wasn’t a problem before I updated the theme. Can you please supply a solution to this problem? I’m not using a plugin to show the video, but just used an embed code directly in the page.

If I check the editor on my MacBook or iMac then it shows the video in the design editor for both the tablet and mobile viewers. But then on an actual mobile or tablet device the videos are not displayed. My customers often use these devices to see examples of my work, so is it of the upmost importance that these videos are visible to my (potential) clients. There are no problems on a Notebook or Desktop computer, on these platforms are all videos visable.

I hope you can come up with a speedy solution to this annoying problem.

Kind regards,

Vincent Schiphorst

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for reaching out to us. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache including the browser cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists then please check for the following first:

1. DISABLING CACHE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. VERSION COMPATIBILITY
  4. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hello Vincent,

In order to help you with your concern, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Vincent,

It seems that the Google Captcha from the Contact Form 7 integration is generating a JS error on the page. It is affecting the display of the embedded Youtube codes. Can we temporarily put your site in under construction mode and deactivate the plugin while we investigate further on this issue?

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That’s fine.

Hello Vincent,

You must have done something because when I check this morning, your issue has been resolved. The videos are showing on my browser already.

Best Regards.

On desktop yes…On mobile device know embeded videos…

on my laptop this is the image I see

Hi Vincent,

Unfortunately, the URL is showing the 503 and the Database error, can you please check with your hosting service provider and let us know when it ready to check.

Thanks

There is no database error. I have updated Pro to Version: 4.0.8
My embedded video’s are still missing on mobile devices and on laptops.

When I edit the page in Pro the videos are visible… This is becoming a big problem for me, at this moment I am creating visual content to offer my clients online video workshops because we are all in lockdown here in the Netherlands. I don’t just have this website running pro but another as wel, which has exactly the same problem since the update.

This is obviously a problem that has been created by the update and nothing more. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible with a solution or a new update that solves this problem.

Kind Regards,
Vincent Schiphorst

Hello Vincent,

Thanks for sharing your credentials. I checked your site it seems that you are using our “Classic Embedded video” element to render the video. I tested with V2 version "Video " element and it is working fine in both larger and smaller devices as well. I would suggest you use the updated version of “Video” element.
Please find the test page called “Themeco Test” that is in the draft mode in the secure note.

Themeco-Test-Content-Pro

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks…It’s working now!

Glad to hear that, Vincent.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.