[embed][/embed] code no longer displaying audio after updating

Hello,

Across many sites, I have up until now very successfully embedded audio into pages via a classic text element, using the code [embed]insert url[/embed]

I have just updated to the theme - Pro - and all the audios have disappeared.

Any idea why this is and how to get them back? I have hundreds across my Pro sites.

The code still works fine when just using wordpress posts classic editor and not pro.

Thanks,
Sophie

Hello Sophie,

Thanks for writing in! When using the Pro Editor, you can use the Content Area or the Audio element and then insert your audio code. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,
Thanks for your reply.

I tried the content area element using the [embed][/embed] code and it did not work.

I should clarify that the update in which everything stopped working was the last big one. Going from 3.2.3 to 4.2.3.

It does not seem to be site specific, as it happened on all 5 sites.

Ill add one example site with login details in the secure note.

Hi Sophie,

As my colleague suggested, I would also suggest you use the Audio element in place of embed code, I have created a test page at your website and found the Audio element is working fine. You may need to write some custom CSS to adjust the styling.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

Yes I know the audio element works fine…

What I would like to know is why the embed code is no longer working. I have embedded audio using the code on over 300 pages - and when I update those sites, the audio is not going to show up.

technically it should work correct? or has something changed with the theme to stop it from working anymore?

Thanks

Hi Sophie,

Sorry for any confusion, [embed][/embed] works fine with the default WordPress editor not with the Content Builder or Cornerstone.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.