Edit Menus Page Duplicating Additional Fields

There is an issue with Cornerstone that has been there for quite a long time, but I have worked around it and haven’t had a chance to inform you about it. I would like to see this fixed at some point, though.

The issue is on the Edit Menus page in the admin area. When you go to edit a menu item, any extra fields added by other plugins get duplicated. So, for example, I am using a permissions plugin that allows me to show or hide the menu items based on roles. But the fields/options show up before AND after the Cornerstone fields. I disable the Cornerstone plugin, and the permission fields show up only once with no issues (see screenshots of Cornerstone activated and deactivated). I reactivate Cornerstone, and they get duplicated again. The issue is that every time I make changes to the menu, I have to make sure that the top fields and the duplicated/bottom fields match or they will not work and I get errors. So there is something in the Cornerstone code that is causing a duplication.

edit_menus_disabled

In fact, we never use those Graphic Display options. Can I just disable it somehow?

Hi @tkulow,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins). You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Yes, I verified all are up to date. I saw that there were a few other people mentioning the same issue, and responses saying that the Graphic Display section is a feature of WordPress. However, I’m not sure why it only shows up when Cornerstone is activated if that is the case, and can’t find any documentation on it. I will send login info in secure note.

Hi @tkulow,

It seems that the 3rd Party plugin named User Menus is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this case.

Thanks

Not so. We have almost a dozen websites using Cornerstone with some using Ultimate Member instead of User Menus, and the same thing happens on all of our sites. I have also tried other plugins just to see if it was one of those, but it happens with every other plugin I try. Here is a screenshot showing the Ultimate Member, this time with both of the field sections being underneath the Graphic Display section:

Hi @tkulow,

Thank you for the info, I can confirm this bug is happening on my dev site. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Have a nice day,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.