E&P Form Builder does not work after its update on 15/05/2021

Hello, I’ve got Pro theme and E & PForm Builder is not working at all. Everything was working fine untill yesterday’s update.
Plus, the broken form appears on an article’s URL which I have on my website and overrides it.
What should I do?

Hello Maria,

Thanks for reaching out. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello again,

I purged all cache, I disabled GDPR Cookie Conset Plugin which I thought had a conflict with E&P Form Builder. Then I erased the form I had created.
Then I disabled the plugin, I erased it and enabled it once again… fresh start. It did’t help. No form is working. All forms had a conflict with one of my articles. So I erased the article. Then the forms made a conflict with another article. So, I’m making a secure note to you.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Maria,

You can use any dummy email ID or with your different email ID to create a user admin account for the test account so that we can check it.

Thanks

Hello Maria,

Thanks for sharing the login credentials. I went ahead and checked your site it seems that there is some JS console error. It seems that the JS is coming from the minified cache. Please have a look at the screenshot in the secure note. I would suggest you purge all the cache and temporarily deactivate the plugin. I would request you to deactivate and delete the existing Pro and then re-install the updated version by downloading from your Themeco account dashboard. If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site. I would request you please share your credentials with FTP of the stagings server.

Thanks

OK, I wiil do so and let you know how it goes.
But I still have a question: If I delete the existing Pro, how can I keep the site’s formating, like custom header and footer?
Should I delete Pro Child as well?
Thank you.

Hello Maria,

No, you don’t need to delete the child theme, You need to first activate any default WordPress theme like the “Twenty Twenty-one” theme and delete the Pro theme(Not Pro Child theme). After that, you can download the latest version of the theme from Themeco Dashboard. Now install it again.

Your header and footer settings are saved in the database it won’t be deleted. To be on the safe side I would recommend you must have a backup of the files and database before deleting it or it would be best if you do it on the staging server without breaking the live site.

Thanks

Hello,

I have deactivated the cache plugin. I also re-installed the updated version of Pro theme directly from my Themeco acount dashboard, after I had deleted the existing one., but it did’nt help.
I have tried but I can’t copy my live site to a staging server. Please feel free to make the necessary troubleshooting on my live site, because my reservations form (E&P Form Builder) is down and I can’t fix it. (I must designt it again from scratch because I have deleted it, as long as E&P Form is fixed). Plus, the plugin conflicts with Posts and they are not displayed correctly as well.
Please do any necessary corrections on my Pro theme I may have not done correctly or please advise how to fix any potential other errors causing this issue.

Thank you again in advance.

Hi Maria,

I have checked the E&P Forms in your website and tested it by view option of those forms and found that are working fine. If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

I would also suggest you copy your website to the staging server, that help us to troubleshoot freely. If that is not possible, please provide the FTP & CPanel details to access the files.

Thanks

Hello,

if you would like to check the link below:

This link should be pointing to a post written regarding that specific topic. But instead of the article, the E&P Form appears, without me having put any E&P shorcode anyplace. It’s like it decided itself to be placed there. Why is this happening?

After everything is fixed, which is the recommended way to place a form on a page?
Thank you.

error
screenshot

Hi Maria,

I have checked the given URL and found the issue you pointed out. I have checked the page content and found the second section is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you check by deleting the element one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Everything is working fine now, except some colour issues, I can’t choose what I want, but it’s ok. Thank you again for your help and support.

Thanks to all Themeco Team.

Best Regards

Hi Maria,

That colour issue could be a custom CSS conflict, please audit all your custom CSS.

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.