Dynamic Rendering not working in builder

Hi @charlie! Minor item that could be user error but I noticed that if you’re using the following setup:

1. Video set to autoplay
  2. Video is inside of a modal
  3. Modal has dynamic rendering enabled

Everything works perfectly on the frontend but inside of Cornerstone, the video begins playing on builder-load. The only way to stop it is to find the modal, open the modal, and pause the video but as soon as the CS tab refreshes, it starts playing again.

Unfortunately Dynamic Rendering it’s not setup for the preview and I don’t think it could be. The preview rendering adds elements dynamically and it needs to know all elements that are on the page.

What we could do is setup a control or just do this by default and just pause all videos inside a toggleable being closed. And then autoplay when it’s opened and an auto-played media. From playing around with this it worked well with the preview. Dynamic Rendering works best with something like an iframe, where you don’t want all the assets from an iframe to load unless it’s definitely going to be seen. I’ll play around with this more and try to get something in place during 6.5.

Have a great weekend.