Dynamic Content in Global Blocks

Hello,

I have set up a global block to display posts using dynamic content. I have an image linked to the post’s featured image via dynamic content, and text linking to the post’s title, excerpt and other meta, also via dynamic content.

This seemed to work great at first, but now I’ve noticed none of the elements that should link back to the post work. Neither the post title or “read more” text are clickable. I even tried adding a permalink to the image. This also didn’t work. Please see image below:

Is there anyway to make these links work?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL where your global blocks located

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I’m working on a Local version of my site, so that wouldn’t be possible. Do you have any insights on the interaction of dynamic content and global blocks? If I place a piece of dynamic content elsewhere in my site the links work, just not in this global block. Could it be “The Loop” the global block is being repeated in?

Hi Derek,

Since you are still currently working on your local machine, would you mind share to us the dynamic code you are currently using? so that we can help you troubleshoot your issue. If you can make your website put into a live server then that would also be great so that we can assist you better in your issue.

Thank you.

Hello again,

Please see all information on my process below.

Index.php code for the page the global block is being called on (global block code: “<?php echo do_shortcode("[cs_gb id=3216]"); ?>”):

<?php get_header(); ?>

<?php echo do_shortcode("[cs_gb id=3261]"); ?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<?php echo do_shortcode("[cs_gb id=3216]"); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php yourtheme_paging_nav(); ?>

</div>
</div> 
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Dynamic Content used in the global block:

• Image Element - {{dc:post:featured_image}}

• Text Element - {{dc:post:title}}

• Text Element - {{dc:post:publish_date}} [grid_meta key=“eg-the_category”]

• Text Element - {{dc:post:excerpt:}}

This content is arranged in 2 columns in the block: 1 column contains the image and the other column contains the text.

Thank you,
Derek

It looks like I’m on the right track to fixing this problem. I duplicated the global block and created a new section. The dynamic content links work perfectly in the new section, but not in the original section. I’m going to try recreating the block and see if the problem persists. Could something in the Cornerstone style / column formatting be effecting the links?

Hi Derek,

We are not quite sure what was the cause of the issue on your original blocks but we are glad that you are now able to fix your issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.