Dynamic acf fields options only showing on one page

Hi,

I have an ACF field group set up which is set to post type is equal to page and post type is equal to post. When I add a text field to a page and then click the dynamic icon, scroll down to ACF then select post field, current post the key field box says loading but then nothing comes up on the field key box except on one page where it works fine. I made a template of the page it works on and copied that in to a new page and it doesn’t work on that one either. Even if I type the key name in manually it doesn’t bring back a value. Can you only use dynamic ACF post fields on one page? What could I be doing wrong?

I am not using a looper.

Thank you

Hi @LFSdesign,

Thanks for reaching out!

ACF field can be assigned to different pages, there could be something wrong with your setup that leads to not work properly. That being said, it could be best if you could give us your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey Karyn,

Please disable the captcha on the login page as we could not log in even entering the correct captcha.

Thanks.

Hey Karen,

Now that the captcha is correct, the password seems incorrect. Please double-check the given credentials.

Thank you.

It looks like someone entered it wrong too many times. I’ve changed pword now, see secure note.

Thanks!

Hi Karyn,

I have checked and found the same issue which my colleague faced with the captcha. I would suggest you remove the captcha validation from the staging server and let us know once it is ready to access.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

All the details needed were in my secure note. You aren’t putting in the details that I gave unfortunately. I have copied and pasted them again at the bottom of my secure note, to make it easier for you.

Many Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @LFSdesign,

I check your setup and took me some time to figure out what’s going on, on your website. These are the things, I have done:

• Manually re-install the Pro theme
  • Disable all the plugins except for the advanced custom field
  • Clear the style cache by going to Cornerstone > Settings and locating the system tab to clear the style cache.

At first, after all the steps I have done, the ACF fields are still not working. For some reason, when I created a new set of field Test field and delete it after, the field is now showing properly. I suspect this could be a cache issue but I am glad that it is now working properly.

Note: I also change the ACF group field settings to standard, I am referring to this one.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much Marc! :smile:

I tried to clear the caches I knew about but I missed the cornerstone one. I tried disabling some plugins too before you logged on. I’m still working through which ones I want to use and then will completely delete the ones I won’t be using. I upgraded from x to pro so perhaps that caused some issues.

Do you think I should just use the parent theme and not the child theme for now?

Wil let you know how things go, hopefully all will be well now.

Appreciate your time and help with this problem.

Hi @LFSdesign,

You can use your child theme, it doesn’t affect any settings in the parent theme if you didn’t add any customization in your child theme.

On the other hand, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

I’ve sent a secure note.

Thank you

Hi @LFSdesign,

The reason why the theme option is not showing because it was disabled in the Settings > Permissions. I went ahead and activate it.

For more information about Permissions, you can check this article.

Hope that helps.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.