Dropdown menu: Items first level not clickable on tablets

Hi! I just noticed a problem with the dropdown menu on my website. The items on first level in the dropdown menu are not clickable on tablets. They work on bigger screens as well as on mobile phone screens (once the navigation is hidden behind a hamburger menu) but on a tablet these items are not clickable anymore. How can I fix that?

Hello @snuckmuck,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @snuckmuck,

It seems that it is working fine at my end. I have tested it on browser debugger mode. I would suggest you please purge all the cache from the WP-Fastest cache and clear your browser cache then check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Hello Nicole,

You are using WP Fastest Cache plugin. Your tablet devices may be loading the cached version of the site. Kindly clear your plugin caches and then in your table devices, clear the browser cache as well before testing the site again. You may need to use private browsing mode (Incognito) in testing your site. You may even need to temporarily deactivate the WP Fastest Cache while we are troubleshooting your issue.

If the above suggestion does not work, kindly provide us access to your site so we can check your site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Nicole,

Please be advised that clicking on the navigation item will open the page. If you want to view or collapse/expand the submenu, you will have to click or tap the Icon on the right side of the menu item.

Hope this makes sense.

Sorry, but I’m afraid you misunderstood what I said. I know how a dropdown menu works. If you have a look on the screenshot below, the red marked dropdown element has an underlying page which does not open with tablets (holding a tablet in landscape mode!). The entire navigation works perfectly on all other devices (computer, mobile phone), only not on tablets in landscape mode.

Hey Nicole,

We apologize for the confusion and back and forth. What you’re experiencing is normal. What you’re seeing in Tablet Landscape is actually the same menu as you see on the desktop. On a desktop computer, you have the hover event. That event is not available on tablets. The tap is your hover on tablets so you can’t have 2 actions (open the submenu and click the menu to open the page).

With that said, we can’t add functionality to it as it would require custom development hours which can only be done by our Elite team. We’re sorry if you are expecting we’ll log in and do changes to your site to make the feature you want possible. Custom development is beyond the scope of our product support.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you, Christian, for your response. Too bad, but well, then I’ll try to find a solution on my own. Thanks anyway :o)

You are most welcome, Nicole.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.