Drop down menus stopped working

We are usin ProVersion: 4.1.5 on our website https://stlashiorg and using WordPress 5.6.2.

The menu dropdowns no longer are working. I have tried clearing the cache and disabling plug-ins to determine if there is a conflict. I have not been able to identify the issue. I will say that they do work for admins, but they don’t work if your not logged into the website, or if you are logged in as a normal user or moderator.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

1 Like

Hi @mark2inspect,

Thanks for reaching out
It seems that there is an IP restriction implemented on your site, and we are not able to access your website to examine. As we are from different parts of the World and most of us have a dynamic IP so we can’t provide a specific IP address for whitelisting too.

Alternatively, I would like to request you to remove the IP(s) restrictions or you can copy your live site to a staging server without IP restrictions, so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your site.

Thanks

I modified my secure note to include some additional details. Please let me know which option you prefer so you can assist.

Thank you

Hi @mark2inspect,

We can’t still access the website due to IP restriction of your Wordfence. I suggest that you disable the Wordfence plugin for the meantime while we are looking at your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I disabled the plugin you requested. Please let me know when I can turn it back on.

Hello @mark2inspect,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 4.2.2
  • WordPress 5.6.2
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache, W3 Total Cache, or any caching plugin) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Okay, I will do that later today and then get back to you. In the meantime, I will turn the one plugin back on and turn it back off if I need additional help.

Thank you

Hello @mark2inspect,

Thanks for writing to us.

I tried to access your site dashboard it is not yet accessible due to the IP restriction of your Wordfence. I would suggest that you disable the Wordfence plugin in the meantime while we are looking at your website.

OR
You can send us your Staging server details so that we can check it without breaking your live site.

Thanks

I did everything you suggested. I was already running WordPress 5.6.2. I updated Pro theme to 4.2.2 and am now running PHP 7.4. I also cleared the cache in the browser and on the site. The menu dropdowns still are not working.

Hello @mark2inspect,

It seems that you have resolved the issue already because on my end, I can see the dropdown menus already.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Best Regards.

Yes, It is working now. I found a conflict with a plugin.

Thank your for the assistance

Hi @mark2inspect,

We’re glad that you’re able to find the culprit to your issue. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.