Downloaded Pro.zip from themeco and upload fails with StyleSheet Missing error

Its a fresh install now.
I used X many years back and decommissioned the site.
So I upgrade license to Pro from Themco.
Downloaded Pro.zip from my dashboard at Themco, Logged into Wordpress, fresh install, uploaded,installed and below error:
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.
I contacted Blue host they checked permissions etc and said that the pro.zip file is actually miss that file.

What do i do now?

Hi Keezia,

Can you please check once that the downloaded .zip file contains the style.css and other files. If the files are there, and you are still having the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

If you didn’t find the files are there in the .zip file, I would suggest you download the theme once again and try with that.

Thanks

Please find credentials below

Hi Keezia,

Regretfully, we didn’t find any credentials, can you please check and repost it.

Thanks

Hey Tristup.

Hope you doing well. Please check I have updated it above.

Hi Keezia,

By going ahead, I have downloaded the theme from your themeco account and successfully installed at your site, now you can check and activate it for further uses.
Please remember to validate the license the theme before you install any extensions available with the theme.

Thanks

Thank you so much.
Is the Child theme installed as well?

Is this the correct place to download child theme? https://theme.co/docs/child-themes
Just wanted to know if these are updated. I read that installing child theme is a Best Practice. DOes it slow down the website pages, if child theme is installed?

Hi Keezia,

Yes, that’s the right place to download the child theme. The purpose of the child theme is a child theme in WordPress is a sub-theme that inherits all the functionality, features, and style of its parent theme. Child themes are a safe way to modify a WordPress theme without actually making any changes to the parent theme’s files. When the parent theme gets updated, changes made in the child theme are preserved and applied to the updated version as well. This is why child themes are the safest and best way to make changes to an existing theme. Rather than modifying theme files directly, you can simply override them with the templates in the child theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks Will Install the child them, hopefully, it will be successful :smiley:

Hi Keezia,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

The Update was succesfull Thanks

Hi Keezia,

Glad to know that.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.