Displaying a different menu on current site, while I build out new site

I have tried everything to get this work with the condition in the current nav, and new nav…I have started work on new pages and a new menu etc for this site: https://prideroofing.net/

There will be a considerable number of “new” pages as I work on it, and I want to show the client these pages with the new nav and footer, however, I need the current site to display the current “old” menu…

I have set the new menu to have a condition to show on pages published after a certain date (the one I started the new pages)

However, this new menu shows on the blog index page, blog posts, and other pages such as privacy policy…

How do I fix this?

Thank you

Just use conditions on the Header / Footer Containers that are for specific pages (and for logged in vs not logged in users)… Works for both PRO headers and PRO footers.
I have production sites where the header / nav menu is different on some pages to others.
The pages will need to be published to be able to be used in conditions, but you can exclude those from the production / public menu system, and put passwords on those pages only your client knows. Also for brand new not public pages (password protected and published for use in conditions) remember to exclude these in progress pages from SEO / google indexing.
For Layouts where the lowest priority takes precedence eg. Blog index / single laouts… you might have to give the users you want to see the new stuff a Wordpress login and set the condition on the old section (not logged in) vs new section content (logged in) as well as “blog is being viewed”.
Hope that makes sense… one header and footer and one set of layouts… published, but conditions on containerss / sections within them to control who sees what and passwords on whole new pages you don’t want the public to see, but do want to use in conditions.

Cheers
Simon

Hello @oriol,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns, we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact custom Header and Pages where it needs to be rendered.

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks guys, login in secure note.

Thanks Simon, great solution, but I don’t want to give my client login cred :smiley:

Hello @oriol,

I recommend updating the condition as shown in the screenshot below. Please refer to the image for the correct configuration.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks, that worked for the blog, but the new menu still shows on the individual posts, and on the privacy policy page.

Appreciate your help

Hey @Oriol,

Update your condition into this one:
image

Check out this documentation to know more about how the AND and OR logic works;

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Perfect, thanks.

You are most welcome.