Display sub links by default

Hi there

Two of my main menu items have sub links, but on mobile view it is difficult to select the sub link indicator. More often than not, it selects the main menu item instead. So am I able to set up the nav menu on mobile so it displays the sub links under the main menu items by default instead of having indicators?

Thanks

Hello @rhinotago,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache, plugin conflict, or custom JS/CSS code just because the element styling is getting overridden. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If it doesn’t work for you, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

All I’m wanting to do is set up my dropdown nav menu so it shows sub links automatically, instead of having an indicator that needs to be clicked first. Can you please let me know how to do this?

Thanks

Hi @rhinotago,

Unfortunately, there is no such option available with any of the Navigation Elements. Still, you can use the Navigation Layered or Navigation Collapsed element which has the Top Menu items open at the beginning, but you need to click into the Indicator to open the Sub Menus.
I would suggest you go through the following article which described the elements.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I can see how displaying sub links by default could be useful in some cases. Please add this as a feature request.

Hey @JvP,

Your request has been noted. By the way, if you are using the Pro theme and have created a custom header, you can simply go to Appearance > Menus and create a menu with mixed items where both parent and submenu pages are on the same level.

Menu for desktop screens:

Menu for mobile screens:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.