Disabling comments site wide

Hello, I’d like to disable the comments site wide (not each page individually, nor through a plugin (for maintenance and security reasons). I found an old article: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/how-to-disable-comment-section/ with the PHP code, but cannot seem to locate the ‘functions.php’ file through Pro version’s child theme – has it been moved? How can I access this PHP file?

Hi there,

The functions.php file should be accessible directly in the child theme folder.

Kindly get the Child Theme files here: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Hope this helps.

It’s still very vague. Installing the Child Theme is one of the first thing I did after installing Wordpress. When you say to go to the Child Theme, I’m assuming you don’t mean through the Wordpress dashboard (Appearance / Themes / Child Theme / Customize):

which takes you to:
…

but rather by logging into Cpanel and modifying the ‘functions.php’ file through the File Manager, and finding the Child Theme there?

Never mind, I’ve found it! (There was no other way so that must’ve been the answer.)

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Glad you’ve sorted it out. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.