Default install of bbPress does not show forum index properly

So on 6.4.6 I installed bbPress via the Pro approved plugins-panel, refreshed the permalinks a few times, added a forum and a topic. But the index page of the forum that should dispay the latest forum items does not appear. In stead this appears:

No errors in the console. The forum and the topic is displaying normally. The User profile in bbPress is not working either with the same display problem.

Searching this forum I have not been able to find this problem and so, not a solution to the problem.

And this does not help either: https://theme.co/docs/bbpress

Please advice.

Hello @jacli,

Thanks for writing in!

Please switch your stack to Integrity, Renew, Ethos or Icon. The blank and starter stack may not display the bbPress plugin properly.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That did not solve the problem. Any stack displays the same bbpress-output. The problem is not solved by changing stacks.

Hey @jacli,

Please provide us with your WP details so that we can check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I have made a secure note with the details.

Hey @jacli,

Upon checking, your forum pages looks fine. Please post what URLs are having an issue and tell us the specific issues.

By the way, you have caching enabled in your site so when you check your site when logged out, you won’t see the updated version of your site. Please clear all caches including the browser cache before checking your site in incognito or when logged out.

Thanks.

Please do not post screenshots in public forum - I am not sure if the latest answer with the screenshots are public or private. Please delete the screenshots immediatly if they are publicly available.

But as the post topic clearly states - it is the index-page that does not display properly - siteurl.com/forums

Any update on this ?

Hey There,

• See the secure note below

Please deactivate your Clouflare or at least clear your site cache and temporarily activate the Development MODE while you are logged in Cloudflare.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Please understand: I have told you three times now, that it is the index-page, not the display of individual forums, that is not working. And also the user profile page is not working.

I am clearing cache when testing and I have now set it to development on cloudflare. It doesnt change anything.

Please see secure note for exact urls.

Hello JacobL,

As I mentioned in my previous reply, the blank and starter stacks are meant to be used when you are building your own stack design which would serve as a clean slate. It would mean that you will have to create your own styling especially if you want to integrate a particular plugin. If you check my screenshot below, the bbPress index works with any of the 4 stacks except the blank and starter stacks.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 10.07.00 AM

I would recommend that you check out any of those 4 stacks and use it as a basis for you own styling so you can use the blank or starter stack.

Best Regards.

Hope this helps.

It does not work. I tried earlier in response to your advice about the stacks with all of the different stacks. I have now changed it back Integrity. It still is not working. Cache cleared, bypassing cloudflare. Still does not work.

I have tried them all. I have given you access in a secure note. Please check and make it work.

I changed it back to the Starter template because after you had changed my site you did not change it back, which meant that my under construction page that the public sees was changed by you. Not so fortunate.

Reinstalled it. Got it working with the Integrity Stack. But why is it not enough to just change the Stack in Theme Options ?

Hello @jacli,

We have not changed anything in your Theme Options. It could be the cache why it did not display as expected. When changing the stack, you must clear the “System Cache” as well in Cornerstone > Settings.

It is good to know that you got it working with the Integrity stack now. Use this as your basis if you want to create your own styling with the Starter or Blank stack.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.