Debugging after backup import

Hello There,

I have the following problem.
My site crashed while I was implementing a backup. Now I get the following message (See attachment).
This video describes what to do if you have problems with a plugin. I tried but it didnt work out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyrs-vmfoM

What can I do if the backup import was interrupted?

Thanks a lot for the help

Hi @l_eckardt,

Thanks for reaching out!

It is one of your plugins or themes causing the error. We can’t really determine the actual problem until the WP_DEBUG is set to true. I suggest that you enable the WP_DEBUG so that we help you point out what to do next. On the other hand, if the backup import was interrupted, I suggest that you manually upload the backup to your website and this will require technical knowledge to do that. You may seek 3rd party developers to do that or you can ask your hosting provider for further assistance because this work is outside the scope of our theme support.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello Marc,

thanks for your reply.
I have uploaded a backup from another WP site. For this I used the plugin all-in-one WP Migration. It is quite easy to do via this plugin.

But as you say, the import was interrupted and now this message is displayed.

Should I call my hosting service to solve this problem?

Bests

Hello @l_eckardt,

Are you using a Child theme? There could be a custom PHP code that is no longer compatible with the latest version of the theme. Please switch to the parent theme instead. If that is not the case, ask for assistance from your hosting provider to check out the error messages in your error log.

If nothing is helping, provide us FTP and WP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.