DC Strangeness in Pro 6.5.1

I can’t think of any other term to explain this but strangeness.

I just updated to Pro 6.5.1 and noticed that one of my components on my homepage (theegeneration.org) stopped working. It was acting as if the dynamic content was not being passed to it. The string that was in the parameter was {{dc:post:meta key="_x_audio_mp3"}}, which returns the MP3 file from my post I use to populate the audio player in my component. The exact same component instance was working fine in another place with the same dynamic content string being fed to it on the Single Layout version of the post.

Here’s where things get really strange. I was playing around with the parameter value and I ended up inputting {{dc:post:meta key="_x_audio_mp3"}}:meta key="_x_audio_mp3"}}, and it worked! The component’s audio player returned the proper url and the audio player appeared. I did some playing around and found that if I add anything that ends in a } to the end of the string it works properly. So, what I currently have in the field is {{dc:post:meta key="_x_audio_mp3"}}} and it returns the expected value into the parameter field.

I’m guessing this is some kind of a bug introduced in the 6.5.x version, but it doesn’t take place in all settings. Any ideas what the issue is?

Hello @bobbybosler,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Got it. Sorry for the delay. The email notification must not have delivered for your reply. I included the pertinent information in the secure note.

Using single quotes ({{dc:post:meta key='_x_audio_mp3'}}). Seemed to do the trick for me on your site and didn’t need an extra }. I didn’t save this change on your site. Not really sure what could be the problem. Is there a cache that needs to be cleared?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.