Customizing tag archive pages

I have read through many topics in this forum about adding custom tag pages, and there are many different ways being explained. None of them, in which, I am able to implement. :frowning:

I have a custom post type called “useful-tools” which uses global tags. When I click on a tag, I want to list all of my useful-tools posts associated with the tag in a custom format. The custom format should just be an unordered list of the titles and two custom post fields (no featured images).

The “posts” are actually just links to other external sites, with a title and description, so there isn’t any content on the posts themselves. So I need to change the links to the posts to the links associated with the posts (post meta = “_post_url”).

I have a child theme set up already, using the ethos stack. I have tried copying the _index.php page from parent theme view folder and placing it into the child theme view folder. Tried renaming it as category-useful-tools.php, archive-useful-tools.php, category.php… Also tried placing them in the same folder as the child functions.php file as well as the view/ethos folder. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Hi @tkulow,

Thanks for writing to us.

The feature that you want it would require custom development I would suggest you consult a developer who can assist you with your concern.

Please note that we do not provide support for custom development even if you use our theme’s hooks because we’d be working on your customization if we do that and we only offer that service for our Elite customers. If you want us to customize your site, you might want to subscribe to our Elite service here https://theme.co/elite.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.