Custom post type single template override not working

I am using Toolset to replace the layout for custom post type single pages. It only half works.
Currently, when viewing the post page, the content shows up in a column within the standard blog post template. This means that the blog post header, title, featured image and sidebar are still loading. Toolset uses the ‘the_content’ function.
As this also happens when I change the website theme, does this mean it is X Pro related or the plugin?

While I am using the new Pro X layouts for other post types, there are some Toolset functions that work a lot better within their blocks templates.

Hello @Innovatek,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks for the follow up.
Problem solved.
It turns out that Toolset views don’t actually replace the full page template, only the content part.
However, hidden in their documentation, their views can work via shortcodes.
I created a template within X Pro’s new layout builder and just inserted Toolset’s shortcode where I wanted it.
Works great now.

Hi @Innovatek,

We’re glad that you’re able to find a suitable solution on your issue. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.