Current update wiped my CPT looper content?

Hello,

I have a site with a CPT registered as “Projects” and a registered taxonomy of “Market(s)”. On the Project Single page, the goal here is to show related “Projects” by their shared taxonomy (market) using a slider element. I had this working before, where I placed a Looper Provider on Content Wrapper: Current Post Terms > Taxonomy = Markets. This Content Wrapper is also set as a Looper Consumer. Great.
Next, the Slide Container had this query: market_name={{dc:term:slug}}&post_type=projects&posts_per_page=12&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}
and the slide itself was the Looper Consumer for this query. This was all working fine for awhile until I recently updated to the latest version of Pro. I’ve even changed the Query to read: category_name={{dc:term:slug}}&post_type=projects&posts_per_page=12&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}
and that only gives me the current Post.

What am I doing wrong here? This was working just fine before!

Updated to add:

I changed the looper provider query string to this: post_type=projects&posts_per_page=12&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}&orderby=rand&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Btax_query%5D%5B0%5D%5Btaxonomy%5D=market&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Btax_query%5D%5B0%5D%5Bfield%5D=slug&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Btax_query%5D%5B0%5D%5Bterms%5D={{dc:term:slug}}&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Btax_query%5D%5B0%5D%5Boperator%5D=IN

This is perfect! However, when I attach the &orderby=rand in hopes to make the posts appear in random order every time the page loads, it doesn’t work.

Hello @turnkeydigital,

Thanks for writing in! What is the element structure of your Looper? I am sensing that you are having a nested looper. You may have placed something that is not correct which has caused the issue. We would love to investigate your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Cool, thanks!

The element is a Slider (Inline), and I do have a Looper Provider & Consumer on the Content Wrapper, then another Looper Provider on the Slider Container, and the Consumer of that Provider on the Slide.

I’ve included logins on the secure note if you wanted to take a look. I’ve created a staging environment so you can adjust in there. This is in the Single Layout = Single Project. I think at this point all I’m wondering is why the orderby=rand isn’t randomizing. I must be missing something.

UPDATE

Okay so here’s a forehead smack… this site is on WP Engine. WPE has their own site settings separate from any theme. The “Allow ORDER BY RAND” was disabled.

Sorry for wasting your time! You can close this ticket.

Glad that you fixed the issue from the WP Engine settings.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.