CSS Grid Masonry

Hi Charlie,

This is more of a feature request.

Currently it is not possible to use CSS Grid as a masonry layout (it was proposed 2-3 years ago and firefox added it as a beta functionality). It is possible to use JS to fudge masonry on top of CSS Grid ( ie macy.js or masonry.pkgd.min.js )

Would would be delightful would be if there was some ‘in-house’ themeco solution that works well with css grid, and uses the css grid layout, as the options above tend to ignore/corrupt the css grid layout.

Much thanks

Scot
PS, I can give examples of solutions/problems if you are interested

2 Likes

It would be cool if CSS Grid used that masonry proposal. The X templates use this internally for masonry. I’ll definitely have to look at some options. Would love for something to work with CSS grids, but I couldn’t really get anything looking quick masonry. It’s hard to say if the grid editor would really work with this, which almost makes me think it would be it’s own element type. Thanks for bringing this up!

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback @charlie, it would be amazing to have the functionality whether it be as part of css grid or a dedicated element… esp if it was Looper friendly

1 Like